Many are the Plans in a Mans Heart...

Many are the Plans in a Mans Heart...
Many are the Plans in a Mans Heart...

Saturday, March 19, 2011

An Exciting Find at the REI Gearsale!

I recently decided that the next time REI had its' Members Only Gear sale that I would get there really early  the next time so that I could get a bead on the good stuff before all the nutsos grabbed it all.

The time rolled around this weekend for the winter gear sale and I got up bright and early at the crack of 5 AM to drive to the Rancho REI.  I brought my umbrella because the forecast was for rain.  I arrived at six AM and was immediately blown away by the turnout even though it was sprinkling.  A line of tents ran from the storefront all the way to the edge of the corner at the end of the shopping center.  I sat and shot the breeze with the gearheads and other members and the time flew by.  By ten o'clock the line started to move and the manager (dressed in pirate regalia - his passion is pirates), while standing on a ladder, announced the deals of the day (other than the usual 60-80% off). For the first 50 people or so (me included), they would knock off 50% extra for one item of your choosing.  They also had a buy one get the other pair of shoes 50% off.

I dashed in grabbing whatever even slightly met my shopping criteria, and before I knew it, an hour had passed and I started to go through my stuff.

when all was said and done I did pretty good!

My prize was Leki Makalu Ultralite treking poles.  Brand New!



I also got a Marmot Primaloft Insulated ball cap with ear covers, REI Adventure Pants, and another pair of Vibram KSO's for when mine take a dive, or to give as a present.






I also bought my friend some trek sports and pants as well, so all told I got out of there without spending more than 70$.  A good haul all considered.  Until next time.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment